EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SPA AS THE TEMPERATURE DROPS While it may seem counterintuitive to go outside and get in a body of water in the middle of winter, a hot tub in freezing temperatures can actually be a rewarding and relaxing treat! But...
Since 1983, Sonshine Products in Middletown, Ohio has produced the highest quality ThermoShield covers for spa and hot tubs. Using only the finest materials and a commitment to a highly tailored appearance, we strive to make each cover the best its spa has ever seen.
All ThermoShield premium spa covers feature:
- Tapered, EPS Foam Cores in 1 or 2lb density for a full seal and optimal R-factor, efficiency, and heat retention.
- Especially formulated marine-grade vinyl or WeatherShield material for a cover specifically designed to meet the challenges of a hot water environment.
- Four Locking tie-down straps to keep the cover in place and meet safety standards.
- Steel Supports within the Foam Cores for added durability and longevity.
- Computer-Controlled Heat-Sealed Vapor Barriers engineered to an incredibly high standard and designed to resist chemical erosion, heat loss, and water retention.
Patterns and foam cores are cut with precision by computer controlled cutters ensuring a perfect fit. Every cover is hand-sewn with meticulous detail. Quality is our #1 goal.
📃 Manufacturer Warranty 🧤 White Glove Available 🧡 Featured Buy 🔧 Made in USA ⚙ Customizable
Premium Marine-Grade Vinyl
- Built-in resistance to chlorine, bromine, mildew & UV damage
- Premium Enduratex™ marine-grade vinyl featuring the Produratect™ S finish developed for the grueling life of a spa cover
- Passes 1500 hours on the Weatherometer durability test.
- 100% solution-dyed polyester with a urethane coating that is 3 times stronger than vinyl and is highly resistant to harsh UV rays, water, mold and mildew, tears and stretches.
- Up to 30% lighter than a traditional vinyl cover
- With advanced water-proofing, the material has great longevity with no need to condition
Four Layer, Quadruple Reinforced Hinge
- Reinforces the most-worked part of the cover against tearing and damage
Tear-Resistant Reinforced Handles
- Easy opening and closing without rips
Premium Rubber Grip Handle Upgrade
- Open with comfort and even more ease with the oversized rubber grip
Tapered Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Foam
- Great strength with minimal weight and permanent insulation value
- A rigid, lightweight, formed plastic product with resilient closed cells offering a high, permanent R-value, inherent water resistance, and excellent physical strength and dimensional stability
- Environmentally friendly containing no CFC’s or HCFC’s
- Absorption (vol.) is less than 3% for 1.5 lb. density foam and less than 2% for 2.0 lb. density foam
UV-Resistant SunGuard Industrial Thread
- Polyester thread expertly hand-stitched throughout the cover for a clean and enduring finish
- Strong Dacron polyester thread that is treated with UV and mildew inhibitors, the same high quality material used in luxury patio furniture that sets the standard in outdoor durability
Customized Perimeter Skirt
- Helps keep heat in and dirt out while adding to the appearance of the cover
- Customize to the height of your spa's acrylic lip, or extend over the edge of the cabinet-acrylic transition for a clean finish
Sealing, Heat Stopper Pads
- Eliminate heat loss through the edges of the seam
Full-Length Hinge Seal Upgrade
- Eliminate heat loss along the entirety of the seam
Galvanized Steel Center Support
- 24 gauge galvanized steel C-channel beam offers much needed strong support across the center of ThermoShield spa covers
- Discourages bowing of the foam core
- Galvanized steel is much stronger and will not bow like aluminum supports
Double-Reinforced Polyester Vinyl Spa Liner
- Resists chlorine, bromine and mildew, protecting the foam
- Non-mesh, Tear-resistant double-laminate vinyl with polyester reinforcement spa cover liner
- Weep holes along the panel allow condensated water to drain from the underside of the cover
Heat-Sealed VaporShieldPE Plastic Barrier
- Premium, linear low density, single-extruded polyethylene vapor barrier that is heat-sealed with a vacuum-forming, pneumatic impulse-sealer ensuring a good seal for a much more effective and up to 500% wider seal than from hand sealing wands.
- 1/4” wide, water-proof seal made by a computer-controlled pneumatic heat-sealer
- Designed for excellent resistance to vapor penetration, while also degrading gracefully avoiding the dreaded shatter effect that is found in most companies plastic
Double-Thick VaporShieldPE Barrier Upgrade
- By doubling the thickness of the barrier, the polyethylene offers even more protection against chemical damage and water retention
- Most spa covers are replaced because they absorb water to their maximum capacity and become too heavy to lift, making the vapor barrier and how it is sealed paramount to the functional life of a spa cover
Locking Tie-Down Straps
- Each ThermoShield spa covers comes standard with four, lockable tie-down straps featuring the Sure-Loc fastener
- SURELOC clip fasteners are easy to use and locking, meeting safety standards and keeping the cover in place
- Keep children out while keeping the heat in!
|ThermoShield TS||ThermoShield Plus||Thermoshield XL Plus||ThermoShield XL|
|Foam Taper||4" x 2"||4" x 2"||5" x 3"||5" x 3"|
|Foam Warranty||One Year (12 months)||Two Years (24 months)||Two Years (24 months)||One Year (12 months)|
|Cover Warranty||1 YEAR: THERMOSHIELD spa cover models are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One Year (12 months) from the original date of delivery.||3 YEARS: THERMOSHIELD PLUS spa cover models are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of Three Years (36 months). Terms shall be pro-rated after the first 12 months.||5 YEARS: THERMOSHIELD XL PLUS spa cover models are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of Five Years (60 months). Terms shall be pro-rated after the first 12 months.||2 YEARS: THERMOSHIELD XL spa cover models are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of Two Years (24 months) from the original date of delivery. Terms shall be pro-rated after the first 12 months.|
|Upgrade any Cover to WeatherShield and/or with the Special Upgrade Combo|
Lead Time: Manufactured in 10 weeks and available for pickup or scheduled for delivery within 12 weeks.
Note: We do our best to present all information available as accurately and completely as possible. But this information should be considered as reference only. If discrepancies arise between the information on this site and the information supplied by the manufacturer in the manual, instructions, or on packaging, always take the manufacturer’s recommendation. Most products have links directly to the information supplied by the manufacturer as available. Sizes provided are within the manufacturer tolerance and may vary by fractions of an inch on the final product. Colors are representative and may vary based on lighting, viewing conditions, and monitor.